October 10, 2018
Brian Bowen Sr., father of former Louisville recruit Brian Bowen Jr., testified under immunity from prosecution that he had collected payments from various persons that would violate NCAA eligibility requirements years before he even met the Adidas execs charged in the case.
To the surprise of no one who has been following the long, tortured decline of Sears and Kmart, parent Sears Holdings is said to be close to filing for bankruptcy protection after failing to restructure its enormous long term debt.
DSW and ABG will pay $175 million for the intellectual property rights of the licensor and brand owner, with ABG taking a majority 60% interest and DSW taking the other 40%.
The 76ers All-Star center will boost Under Dog’s presence in the I-95 corridor to complement its marquee star, the Warriors Steph Curry.
A MA District Court judge denied the Big Cat’s motion to dismiss Nike’s allegations that it had infringed on patented Flyknit technology.
Total sales declined 8.0% to $77.7 million in the five-week period ended Oct. 6, down from $84.4 million for the five weeks ended Sep 30 last year that included Labor Day, with $8.0 million attributed to the shift.
Although the court left open the chance to re-file, it rejected a proposed settlement of a class action suit that involved New Balance’s claims of Made in USA for certain shoes.
Gamberini was most recently CEO of Geox USA and Marcolin USA, with stints at Nike and Hewlett Packard before that.
August imports were up 3.4% this year to 1.89 million TEU as retailers continue to meet strong consumer demand despite the imposition of tariffs on almost half of the goods made in China for export here.
Canyon is recalling about 820 Spectral full-suspension mountain bikes with aluminum chainstays because they can crack, which can lead to failure of the chainstay, rear wheel detachment and loss of control.
Sturm, Ruger is offering to retrofit an updated slide to its 9mm American Pistol if the slide develops a crack from premature wear.